RV Life and Travel: Full-timing, Traveling, or Camping in a Recreational Vehicle
RV Life and Travel shares our experiences as full-time RVers, plus summer camping trips, cold weather RVing in Alaska, snowbird RV parks in the south, and boondocking, along with RV tips and news.
My husband and I lived full-time in an RV for fourteen years. We’ve traveled by RV from California to Maryland, from Wyoming to Florida, from the southern tip of Texas to Alaska. We now enjoy RVing with a home base in Alaska.
Join us in our RV life and travels. We’re enthusiastic proponents of RVing and we have tons of RVing and camping information to share with you.
And, speaking of camping, isn’t camping and RVing the same thing? Sometimes, but not always. Campers can camp in RVs – but they can also camp in tents or out in the open, under the starry skies.
And, aren’t RVers campers? Some RVers stay at campgrounds, enjoy picnics on paper plates and campfires. Others? They dine in their rigs, on fine china, and afterwards lounge in front of their fireplace while they watch their big screen TVs.
Just as RVers come in all shapes, styles, and sizes, so do RVs.
Motorcycles can tow tiny, but functional, pop-up campers. Forty foot fifth-wheel trailers, with four slide-out rooms, can require a heavy-duty truck to pull them safely.
The price? I used to say you could pick up a used one for a few hundred dollars or buy a fancy new one for a few hundred thousand dollars. Now, those fancy motorhomes can be over one million dollars.
RV life and travel. Many say it’s the best life and travel. Recreational vehicles give you the comforts of home and the diversity of a vehicle.
- Subscribe to the RV Life and Travel Email Newsletter
- Subscribe to the RV Life and Travel Newsletter. It lets you know about new website pages, RVing and camping tips, the recreational vehicle lifestyle, our travels, etc. It's emailed to you free.
- RV Life and Travel Blog
- Find what's new on RV-Life-and-Travel.com ... full-time RVing, info about RVs, recreational vehicle industry news, and tips for campers and RVers.
- Workers On Wheels Work for RVers and Campers
- Workers On Wheels: work for RVers and campers.
- RV Ramblings: Sharing our RV Lfe and Travel Experiences
- Sharing our RV life and travels, our experiences as full-time RVers, and extended periods of living in an RV.
- Bob's Articles on RV Life and Travel: His Advice, Perspective, and Musings
- RV maintenance and repairs, toys and tools for the road, and the joys and tribulations of RVing, all from a man's point of view. Bob's articles have become a favorite of our website visitors.
- Full-time RVing Stories: What It's Really Like to Live in a Recreational Vehicle
- Full-time RVing stories from our readers who actually live in a recreational vehicle - a travel trailer, motorhome, bus, camper, fifth-wheel, or other home on wheels -- along with why they do it.
- RV Dreaming: Share Your Dreams and Plans for Full-time RV Living
- RV dreaming? Are you excited and giddy with anticipation as you plan to go full-time RVing? Tell us about your hopes and dreams, your plans and preparations, so we can share in the fun with you.
- Have Questions About RV Life and Travel? Ask Here. Get Answers
- Go ahead and ask your questions about RV life and travel. I'll answer based on our experience of being full-time RVers for over a decade. And, we'll open it up to fellow RVers and campers.
- Full-time RVing: How to Start, Where to Begin, What to Take for the RV Lifestyle
- Full-time RVing … living in a recreational vehicle …. How in the world do you get started? Here's how we planned and prepared, along with suggestions and things we've learned through the years.
- Campground and RV Park News for RVers, Including Reviews and Recommendations
- Campground and RV park reviews based on our RV travels and those of our site visitors. Camp and resort owners are also welcome to share info on their parks. News and updates about public parks, too.
- RV Laundry: Washing And Drying Clothes While RVing
- RV laundry. Yep, clothes get dirty when you are on the road, either camping or full-time RVing. What to do? Laundromat or washateria? Hand wash? A washing machine and clothes dryer in your RV?
- Winter RVing and Camping in the Cold, Northern States
- Winter RVing in cold country -- I'm talking South Dakota and Alaska -- takes planning. But, the rewards are wonderful! Prepare your RV for freezing temperatures and get ready for a great experience.
- Prepare Your RV for Emergencies: A Ready To Go Shelter in the Storm
- Prepare your RV for emergencies so you can use it for temporary shelter. You’ll have utilities, food and clothing, your important papers, medications, pet supplies, tools, and cleaning supplies
- Health Insurance Options for RVers for Affordable Health Care Coverage
- Health insurance is a much talked about issue for full-time RVers. Remember employee paid health coverage is still an option. And, there are private medical insurance policies and group plans.
- Holidays and RVing: Yes, You Can Celebrate and Enjoy Both at the Same Time
- Holidays and RVing go together like cake and ice cream, fireworks and the 4th of July, and Christmas and candy canes. Gift ideas, decorating tips, and how to use your RV to make holidays special.
- Recommended SD Mail Forwarding Service
- Coleen recommends a SD mail forwarding service, specifically the Rapid City UPS Store.
- Fishing - Freshwater Angling, Catch and Release, Deep Sea Charters - RVers Do It
- Fishing and RVing ... Do fisherman RV or do RVers fish? We decide where to travel based on what's biting. For the sport, the catch, or as a job, you'll often find us with a line in the water.
- Free Things to Do While RVing: No Cost Fun Activities and Entertainment
- You can find free things to do most everywhere you go. Taking advantage of free entertainment and low or no cost activities can really cut your RVing expenses. Here are some we've found for you.
- Frugal RVing Tips For Thrifty RV Travel and Economical Full-time RVing
- Frugal RVing can be among the least costly ways to live and travel. Living in an RV full-time doesn't mean that you have to spend a lot. Here are ten assorted ways to cut your RV travel expenses.
- Emergency Road Service Membership Buys Peace of Mind and Saves Towing Expense
- Emergency road service - some say never go RVing without it, while others say it is a waste of money. Can you change your RV tires? Can you do minor RV repairs? What does a tow cost?
- RVing, Traveling, and Camping with Pets
- RVing, traveling, and camping with pets is part of life. For full-time RVers who live in their recreational vehicles, the RV is the pet’s home. Dogs routinely join campers and vacationers on trips.
- RVing with Kids: Camping and Full-time RVing Families on the Road with Children
- RVing with kids, yes, there are full-time RV families with children, and we have info for you, as well as for weekend campers and those who travel by RV on vacation adventures across the USA.
- RV Boondocking: RVing Without Hook-ups (Dry Camping Or Black Top Camping)
- RV boondocking means using the utilities on board the RV, rather than relying on electric, water, sewer, and telephone hook-ups. Boondocking is a good thing, using the RV's self-contained systems.
- Auto Insurance Quotes - Yes, You Really May Save Hundreds on your Premium
- Ads for auto insurance quotes, you know the ones that say you could save if you switched companies, abound. Can you really save any money, or are all the RV and car insurance rates about the same?
- RV Kitchens And Cooking: Stocking And Using the RV Galley
- RV kitchens and cooking … RV galleys are the source of gourmet dinners, everyday meals, and camp snacks. Why, where, and how often you use cook in your RV kitchen determines how you stock it.
- RV Maintenance is Key to Preventing Problems and Mechanical Breakdowns
- RV maintenance goes a long way in keeping your recreational vehicle running smoothly. These articles share what we do to prevent problems and keep our RVs safe. They also discuss RV repairs.
- RV Safety: Know Your Recreational Vehicle, Maintain It, and Use It Safely
- RV safety means you take precautions instead of chances. Keep your recreational vehicle well stocked and maintained. You don’t need to be a mechanic, but you need to know what things to check.
- Choosing a Toy Hauler - Things Bob Looks For
- Choosing a toy hauler is somewhat different than buying an RV in general, because of all the storage room and how they are used. If I were buying a toy hauler, these are things I would shop for.
- Recreational Vehicle History: Camping Memorabilia, RV Heritage Museum, Etc.
- Recreational vehicle history goes back to the days of covered wagons. American RV historians say modern RV history begins in 1910. RVing history is archived and preserved by the RV/MH Heritage Museum.
- Restaurants Add Food, Fun, and Cultural Flavor to Our RV Life and Travels
- Restaurants, from local greasy spoons to fine dining, play an important part in our RV life and travels. Eating out is a cultural and social thing for us. Mom and pop cafes, BBQ joints, 24-hour diners
- RVing and Camping Clubs Are Social Groups, Save RVers Money and Build RV Loyalty
- RVing and camping clubs network RVers and campers with similar interests. These RV and camp groups provide discounts, magazines, rallies, RVing education, and RV news. Some are social organizations.
- Sierra Mobile RV, Port Isabel, TX, for RV Parts, RV Repairs, and RV Services
- Sierra Mobile RV is the place to go in Port Isabel, Texas, if you need RV repair, RV service, or RV parts. They wash and wax RVs, too. They also sell used trailers, fifth-wheels, and motorhomes.
- National Park News and Info for RVers and Campers
- The National Park System … a place to explore nature, discover history, and have fun in the great outdoors. Its recreational facilities give us places to play. Its interpretive services help us learn.
- Working RVers Work Full-time, Have Part-time Jobs, Work Camp, and Volunteer
- Working RVers can earn a decent living while RVing. They can also do part-time or volunteer jobs. Some run RV based businesses. Not all jobs for RVers are in campgrounds.
- RV Industry News Releases: Fresh From the Press, For and About RVers and Campers
- RV industry news releases announce what's new for campers and RVers. Press releases from RV manufacturers, camping clubs, tourist and travel associations, and the media about RV life and travel.
- RV and Camping Tips to Help You Have More Fun, Solve Problems, and Save Money
- These RV and camping tips are all sort of hints to make RV life and travel and camping easier, less expensive, and just simply more fun.
- RV Financing When You Have Poor Credit
- RV financing stumps people. Recreational vehicle loans are available as both home loans and auto loans. A reader with poor credit asks my advice. While banks and credit unions are options, try cash.
- State Travel and Tourist Info Sharing Our RV Life and Travels State by State
- This state travel and tourist info page takes you to pages of campground reviews, tourist attraction info, restaurant reviews, and other experiences we share about our travels in each state.
- Tax Help for RVers, from a Tax Lawyer and Accountant, and the IRS
- Tax help for RVers, from an RVer who is an accountant (CPA) and tax attorney, and from IRS publications particularly relevant to the special needs and issues of recreational vehicle owners.
- Single RVers' Clubs Offer Socialization and RVing "How-to" Support
- Single RVers' clubs and organizations give solo RV travelers a special network. Whether the focus is on having fun at campouts or sharing RVing information, the groups form a support system.
- Tools and Equipment: The Gear and Supplies for RVing Life and Travels
- The right tools and equipment can make your RV life and travels a lot easier, safer, and more fun. The following articles are about the gear and general supplies we carry in our RV -- and why.
- RVing Books, Camping Books, and Travel Books for RVers and Campers: Book Reviews
- RVing books for newbies to stories of full-time RVers. Whether you're an armchair traveler or about to hit the road on your next adventure, check these RV, camping, and travel book reviews.
- About the RV Life and Travel Website and Ezine Editor
- Welcome to RV Life And Travel. We have over a decade of full-time RVing experience and now take trips and vacation in a travel trailer and a motorhome.
- At RV Life and Travel, we respect your privacy. We do not sell, rent, exchange, give, or otherwise provide your personal information to others.
- The Summit Group Business
- The Summit Group Business
- Site Search for the RV Life and Travel Website
- Welcome to the Site Search for the RV Life and Travel Website Website. Use this page to find the articles, tips, and ads you are looking for on www.rv-life-and-travel.com.
- Contact the RV Life and Travel Website and Ezine Editor
- Use this contact form for questions and general comments about RV camping and travel.
- RV Classifieds - RVs and RVing Related Items for Sale or Wanted to Buy
- RV Classifieds: Post your RV for Sale ad, or advertise that you are looking to buy a motorhome, fifth-wheel, travel trailer, camper, or other recreational vehicle, as well as RV related items.