Grilled shrimp fatijas are quick, colorful, and, not to mention, absolutely delicious. This dish will definitely please you when camping.
What you need
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of lime juice
- One tablespoon of orange juice
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- A tablespoon of cumin
- A sliced red bell pepper
- A sliced orange or yellow bell pepper
- Eight pieces of fajita-sized flour tortillas
- Two cloves of garlic
- A teaspoon of salt
- A sliced medium red onion
What You Need for Serving
- Shredded cheddar
How to prepare
- You should start by combining olive oil, cumin, garlic, chili powder, salt, orange juice, and lime water in a large zip-top bag.
- Add shrimp to the mixture carefully and then shake for a few minutes to coat.
- Now refrigerate the mixture for a minimum of 20 minutes
- Clean and oil your grill
- Preheat to attain medium heat
- Carefully thread the shrimp on metal or bamboo skewers
- Add onions and peppers to a grill basket
- Toss the mixture with a bit of olive oil
- Grip until the crisp is tender and check whether it is a but charred
- Now grill the shrimp for 3 – 4 minutes for each of its sides and then remove
- Add tortillas to the grill and then cook until it is warm. Ensure that the edges are slightly charred.
- Pile each tortilla that has the onion pepper mixture and your shrimp
- Garnish as you desire
- If you prepare your grilled shrimp fatijas exactly as we have shown you above, you can serve it to four people. If you are camping as a group of more than 4 people, you can add the ingredients.